WordPress 2.9.2 Ubuntu 9.10 i386 Virtual Server Appliance
-= WordPress 2.9.2 Ubuntu i386 Virtual Server Appliance =-
This is a pre-configured WordPress Virtual Appliance Server. This will give you the opportunity to play with WordPress in your own local environment
The system is configured to the point where you run the "WordPress 5 minute configuration". Just start the Virtual Appliance in VirtualBox with Networking set to "Bridged Network"
1. Create a Virtual Machine in VirtualBox or VMWare and attach to the WordPerfect 2.9.2 VDI/VMDK
2. Ensure that you have the Networking in VirtualBox set to Bridged network
3. Start the Virtual Applicance
4. At the prompt login as 'adminuser' with the password 'adminuser'
5. At the prompt enter the command 'ifconfig' to find the ip address of the Virtual Applicance and record the address. You will see an a local address for either eth2 or eth1 in the network range.
6. Open a browser on a computer on the local network and open 'http://yourserveraddess/wordpress/wp-admin/install.php' replacing yourserveraddess with the address from step 5.
7. Note the password given to you.
8. The install script should then send you to the login page. Sign in with the username admin and the password generated during the installation. You can then click on 'Profile' to change the password.
9. Enjoy your new WordPress Virtual Appliance